Friday, January 1, 2016

2016: What I Look Forward To


Happy New Year everyone! Instead of making a list of things I want to do (differently) this year that I know doesn't work for me anyway I thought I'd make a list of things I'm excited about! Because really I just want this year to be about excitement, positivity and lots of new experiences.

First of: MUSE! I've been wanting to see them live for so long.. Probably for about 10 years. But either I couldn't afford it, tickets were sold out in seconds or nobody wanted to go with me (I did go to concerts by myself a lot, but for some reason I never wanted to go alone for Muse). And now not only will I finally see them live, but I get to go with my best (boy)friend who also enjoys their music. Normally I don't like big 'stadium shows' like this, but I'm sure they'll put on an amazing show. Can't wait! 

Next up: Meeting Dita von Teese! When I saw she was coming to Toronto for a booksigning I couldn't believe it. And at one of my favourite boutiques too! She is a daily inspiration for me when it comes to style and beauty. She is the definition of glamour and classiness to me. I'll probably be an awkward stuttering mess once I meet her, but it will be totally worth it! I have yet to get her book, but it's basically the only thing on my birthday list so I should be fine :)


And... Cherry is coming to Canada! Another one of my pin up/vintage style idols. I've been following her on youtube for forever and have been dreaming of attending one of her classes. She's the lady who taught my everything I know about hair and make up and gave me the confidence to rock pin up and vintage styles more often. I have yet to save up and book so I hope I won't miss it! But either way I'll drop by the store just to say hi if I do miss out.

Other things I look forward to:
taking more steps with my immigration. It's such a waiting game and I never know what will come next. I hope we can take some major steps with my immigration so that I can possibly apply for a job or go back to school.
 learning more hair and make up skills. For the new year I want to cut off all the dead/split ends of my hair and make it a bit shorter. I also want to get a curling iron and other styling products and finally get the hair of my dreams. Hopefully I can make it look halfway decent when I meet Dita.
 Making even more sales in my Redbubble shop. This year was truly the year I got all my art stuff in order. I made my online portfolio and started an online shop. By the end of the year I actually started making a nice amount of sales and I'm hoping to keep that up!
 Going back to Europe. To finally visit my family again and to travel around and have more adventures. Fingers crossed everything will go smoothly so we can go again this summer...

What are you looking forward to in the new year?


No comments:

Post a Comment